“I believe that when a family is healthy and strong they can achieve anything,” says Dr. Nicole Hamel. “As a wife and a mom of three active young children, I understand the need for support to create our family’s balance.” She continues, “When my daughter was 20 minutes old, she couldn’t turn her head to the left because of a traumatic birth. I was told that she would need extensive Physical Therapy to turn her head properly. It was then that I remembered what I had learned at Northwestern College of Chiropractic and did a gentle chiropractic adjustment (after just giving birth!) with my pinky fingers on her neck. My newborn daughter immediately turned her head to the left without pain and didn’t need any physical therapy. It was that moment that really shaped my practice.”
Dr. Nicole helps families to be healthy and active from the start. She can help find the issue that, if left untreated, can develop into a problem in the future. Since opening her clinic in 2003, she has traced a lot of chronic pain to injuries that happened many years before. Often, these injuries had few or no symptoms at the time. This is why it is so important to gently correct the body after any type of injury, no matter how minor it may seem. Proper chiropractic care is essential to allow the body to heal after an injury. Chiropractic care restores communication from the brain to the spinal cord and to all the organs and joints that they support. When your nervous system is strong your body can heal and repair itself!
Education and Activities
- 2015 Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (CCSP)
- 2014, 2015 Sports Medicine Team for the Breast Cancer 3 Day
- 2014-2018 Team Chiropractor for the Minnesota TwinStars FC
- 2013 Certified Rocktape Doctor
- 2013-2018 Member of the Grand Avenue Business Association
- 2004-2019 Member of the Saint Paul Success Chapter of Business Networking International
- 2003 Certified in Acupuncture from Northwestern College of Chiropractic
- 2003 Doctorate of Chiropractic from Northwestern College of Chiropractic (DC)
- 1998 Bachelor of Arts (BA) from the University of St. Thomas with a Major in Corporate Fitness Health Science, Minors in Biology and Athletic Training
- 1995-1998 Soccer, Track & Baseball Student Athletic Trainer for the University of St. Thomas
- 1994 Graduated with Honors from Farmington High School, National Honor Society, 4 Years of Concert and Symphonic Band, 4 Years of Colorguard in the Marching Band, 2 Years of Winterguard, Varsity letters in Volleyball and Softball, and was the Varsity Boy’s Basketball Manager for 1 season.